Diet for Diabetes
Glucose is the basic fuel for the cells in the body and insulin takes the glucose from the body into the cells.
When a person has diabetes, the body either does not produce enough insulin (Type I) or cannot use the insulin produced as well as it should (Type II). This causes the glucose to accumulate in our blood and not get used up
Tips to prevent the same
• Snack on nuts and seeds like almonds, channas, walnuts, etc,
• Eat frequent meals containing adequate amount of proteins e.g. a breakfast of whole-wheat bread and egg.
• Avoid refined food such as maida, canned fruits, sharbats, etc.
• Avoid alcohol
• Pep up your fiber act. Go for wheat bread, brown rice, etc.
• Eat sprouts ever day. Rich in protein, calcium and nutrients they help increasing immunity and balance blood sugar.
• Increase intake of fruits and vegetables. Replace non-vegetarian food with lofer, whole dals and low fat curd.
• Switch to mono-unsaturated oils like olive oil, groundnut oil, etc.